Monday, May 26, 2008

Best of Luck to Shian Ling

I met Shian Ling yesterday at Jurong Point. In less than 3 months, she will be returning to Duke in Durham, NC, to pursue doctoral study. So in a way this is farewell lunch, though she did not seem to like the idea of being away for the next 5 years (actually she perfers to look at it as being away for 1 year as she plans to visit home everyday year). She asked why hadn't I been updating my blog. Well, these past months have really been dull and I really do not anything interesting to write. All funding proposals were turned down and I am not any different one year ago:(

I paid respect in a nearby Temple before heading home. I got off a few stops ahead thinking that I should walk instead of letting bus 199 making a big loop around the campus. Not a wise decision I must tell. It started pouring as soon as I got off and I took shelter at the information booth. It got worse and there was no way I can escape so I waited. Twenty minutes passed and this kind gentleman pulled his car over and asked if he can give me ride. YES was my answer! I did not ask for his name, but he told me he was a former NTU student and he was back to study for external exam. Thanks dude, you were a great help or less I might have to wait for 1 more hour and risking myself of getting cold. The message? Never stop hoping!

I have just returned from Japan one week early and you want to know my biggest impression? The moment I sat on their toilet bowl, I knew this is a truly technological country. If you have been there, you know what I mean!

My laptop has been stalling on me, waiting to get it back from the IT people.

Monday, May 26, 2008, 4:12PM

No comments: