Saturday, September 08, 2007

Feel l'm going back to Massachusetts

"Feel l'm going back to Massachusetts, something's telling me I must go home ..." This is a favorite song from Bee Gees. Indeed, I am going back sooner than December! Following VMIC in Fremont CA, I will head to Boston for a week till Columbus Day weekend before going to AMC in Albany NY. Susan has summoned folks to have dinner with me during my stay. Stephen, Nisha and Susan took me to Brown Sugar (a Thai restaurant) when I was there last year after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to meet them again soon! I will also get to meet many others. Some like JHO, CH, Zeke, Yangs, have offered to host me. I think a road trip and apples picking is being planned. And I am going to write to Liz that I might be walking for this year "5K Walk for Vision", she will be very thrilled. I am thrilled too. I feel good, but the pre-departure anxiety gets me a little bit.

Last evening I joined the Kulim gang at a Hakka restaurant in Tanjong Pagar celebrating Lily's birthday (one day earlier). These are newly found old friends! It is a pleasant surprise that Meiling is at NIE! She will be my new lunch partner :)

A full day of rest at home makes CS strong again. Let's go jog tomorrow morning, no morning rain please!

Saturday, September 8, 10:14PM - Happy Birthday, Lily!

No comments: