Saturday, September 15, 2007

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

I was at Tanglin Club last Friday evening. DC, on her vacation in Singapore and club member, invited me over to rekindle good old time. I have not met her since she went to London to further her study in Imperial College. I was introduced to Han, as she preferred to be called, that evening. I arrived slightly ahead of time but was waiting at the wrong area only to find out later (I assure you this was not the first time). I joined them for a movie featuring Nicholas Cage, Next. "Quite intense," as DC put it. Apparently Cage can "see" future, but as he put it at the end, every time he looked at it, it changed and everything else changed. It reminded me of quantum teleportation - you destroy the information once you read it.

It was a lovely evening. I will meet DC again in Boston in Oct! She will spend a semester in Boston, on leave from IC. Maybe this time I will buy her a drink? As Cage quoted in the movie, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." I will put it as "What happens in Tanglin Club stays in Tanglin Club". :P

I should start preparing for my US trip today.

Sunday, Sept 16, 9:09AM

No comments: