Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sleepless in Cupertino, CA

I am now in Cupertino CA at the Zulina's. I left Singapore last Saturday for US. The first part of the flight from Singapore to Hong Kong was a breeze... a mere 3.5 hrs but the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco was a disaster... and I will tell you why. You see, I was clamped between two men (it would difinitely a lot better if they were women :P) - one was definitely overweight and the other kept turning and scatching himself. Holden was right about this route of SQ flight... I watched "Just Follow Law" and I can definitely relate it to my current working enviroment. Mr. Bean entertained me too. I had such a hard time between HK-SFO, it was warm, dry, immobile, and the food were bad. Economy class seat can never beat Super VIP Bus seat.





I was greeted by immigration officers at SFO who were polite and felt bad that I needed to go through the special registration thingy - all Malaysian males must go through this regardless of ethnicity. Just follow the law I guess. I almost lost Arafat's racket while waiting for Zulina...





Zulina picked me from the airport and we headed south. Noubar is on overseas trip. She had nasi lemal ready for me! We spent Sunday around the area. I checked in the hotel early Monday morning and met Ron to discuss matters related to the book in the evening. It was a little cold for me... I miss Singapore heat! I had such a terrible dinner Monday night that Zulina decided to take to Chinese buffet Tuesday night.





My presentation was yesterday. It went OK, not great. I decided to cut it short and moved back with Zulina to prepare slides for Sematech workshop. Changed my flight to Boston a day earlier.





The following days I will meet Jason, CK, George, and possibly Sharon before heading to Boston. Am anticipating... hope those in Boston will save me some nice weather... I have low tolerence for nasty weather now.

My jet lag is not completely gone yet... I woke up at 4:30 this morning CA time :(

BTW, did I tell you I met Sirirat the Thursday before? We had such a sumptuous steamboat dinner... but didn't make it to the Ang Moh Dessert on Beach Road (Belgian waffle in hawker center). She remained lovely!



September 27, Thursday, 11:12AM, Cupertino CA

No comments: