Thursday, August 16, 2007

Conference leaves are still pending

Folks at NTU can handle one thing at a time, but screw up big time if you asked them to combine three in one :(

Simple thing indeed, I am going (1) VMIC in Fremont, CA, (2) MIT in Boston, MA, and finally (3) AMC in Albany, NY. Fine if they want me to prepare three separate applications, I did. But the paper works are still bouncing between Graduate Office, Head Office and Chair Office. Why? Because they are two systems really - one hard copy and one online - it is either the online is missing or incomplete, or the hardcopy. This university is run like a company - you need recommendation and approval for every single thing. Can you guys cut it short and just approve the damn thing??? Let me go conferences with ease of mind. Someone told me conference leave is a privilege, not entitlement. Now you know why they are not MIT of the east yet?
(Thursday, August 16, 2007, 9:46PM)

No comments: